More than beignets, beads, and boat rides on the Mississippi, there’s a ton of things to do during this year’s American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference & Exhibition, running from October 24th through the 29th in New Orleans, Louisiana. PCC will be there too -- come visit us in Booth #738, close to the central AAP Resource Center.
PCC is proud to be attending the AAP’s NCE 2019 to meet old clients and new, and to grow our understanding of what independent pediatricians are searching for to make their practices strong and healthy. You can find us on the Exhibition floor, but also look out for us in classes and in the halls! We’re happy to answer questions, share notes, and make recommendations for dinner.
Here are just 5 ways to get the most from the NCE that will help build your practice, without the burnout:
- Meet peers & professionals -- Perhaps the most understated benefit to attending the NCE is the opportunity to meet, catch up with, and learn from your fellow pediatricians. As one of the largest pediatric conferences of the year, this is the event where you can meet hundreds of pediatricians, as well as notable policymakers like Judge Sonia Sotomayor (course P2103) and thought leaders like Nadya Okamoto (P5073).
- CMEs -- You need them, you want them. Continuing medical education credits are available at the NCE. For information on courses offering CME, check the full schedule. Use the filters to find the classes that work for your goals. To learn to hone your practice management skills, check out the courses taught by PCC’s Chip Hart: I3170, “How to Start a New Pediatric Practice in 5 Easy Steps” and F2255, “Business of Immunization: How to Protect Kids Without Harming Your Practice”.
- Exhibition Hall -- PCC is one of many exhibitors in the hall. Find us near the central AAP Resource Center booth. The New Orleans Ernest N. Morial Convention Center is one of the largest in the nation, so come prepared! Make a list of vendors you’d like to talk to, questions to ask, and be sure to ask for help if you get lost.
- Bring the A team, bring the plan B -- If you’ve attended the NCE before, you know that there are many classes, sources, seminars, and vendors to choose from. If you’re bringing staff with you, divide yourself amongst relevant classes. Be sure to check the map when planning your schedule; you don’t want a long walk to make you late! Have back up plans and make sure your group checks in regularly. Stop by the booth and chat with PCC if you’d like suggestions on where to go next.
- Experience New Orleans -- Okay, you’re at the NCE to learn, socialize, and grow as a physician. Nobody ever said that growth couldn’t be fun! After all, your network grows and solidifies with the positive experiences you share. Some great options in NOLA are the famous Cafe du Monde, the World War II Museum, and graveyard tours, just in time for Halloween. Check the Special Events page if you want to mingle with your peers at the Fun Run, Kid’s Camp, or Welcome Reception. PCC clients already know that PCC members are happy to lend a hand, offer a ride, and yes, join you for dinner.
- Special NCE Events: Other events include the SOAPM Charles “Buzzy” Vanchiere Award and reception lunch. There’s also a dinner at the Acme Oyster House, led by a musical parade that could only happen in New Orleans! Ask any PCC member for details on attending.
If you’re a PCC client and want to get in touch during the NCE, you can visit the booth and meet us in person or reach out to us on social media. Ask us about the SOAPM dinner on Sunday!
Not a PCC client, but attending the NCE this year? Get a one on one consult by completing the form below. We’d love to talk with you!