We know that the COVID-19 pandemic is a dynamic and shifting situation, with healthcare providers and staff often on the front lines to protect the vulnerable. This week’s resources include practice management and HR advice, telemedicine coding help, and an update from the CDC on face masks for children.
Practice Management Resources
- PCC’s Chip Hart and PMI’s Paulie Vanchiere continued their “Business Impact of COVID-19” webinar series with two more webinars, including one with special guests Dr. Suzanne Berman and Kerin Stackpole, Esq, and another with pediatrician Dr. Christoph Diasio. Access these and all the webinars here.
- This blog post covers HR challenges pediatricians are facing right now, and covers how to protect their staff and colleagues during the pandemic.
- PCC 8.12.12 is set for release tomorrow night and will provide pediatricians with tools to help them tackle telemedicine and broadcast messages to patients. Check PCCLearn for more information and video tutorials.
- Contemporary Pediatrics hosted a free webinar on managing a pediatric practice during the pandemic.
- Jan Blanchard presented a telemedicine coding webinar for SOAPM members. SOAPM has generously opened the webinar to non-members. Find it here, using the password: soapm_COVID-19
- PCC’s COVID-19 resources page has new coding resources: “What Are the Current Telemedicine Rules in Your State?”
Updates from the AAP
- The AAP provided this interim advice on caring for babies delivered from moms diagnosed with COVID-19.
- Check back often with the AAP’s Critical Updates on COVID-19 for coding, clinical, and administrative advice.
Financial Help for Your Practice
If you haven’t already, you can apply now for assistance to help your practice’s cash flow during the pandemic and recovery stages. Consider your practice’s recent revenue and project outcomes for the summer -- then act accordingly.
- The Payroll Protection Program (PPP) is a loan to cover payroll, rent, and other expenses. The loan is forgiven if at least 75% is contributed to payroll.
- The Economic Injury Disaster Loan Emergency Advance may advance up to $10,000 as a grant for eligible small businesses under 500 employees.
If you haven’t started with telemedicine at your practice yet, PCC recommends that you do so as soon as possible. To get started, visit the AAP’s Telemedicine Compendium. For coding help, visit the AAP’s latest COVID-19 and telemedicine coding guide.
CDC Update on Cloth Face Masks
- The CDC now recommends that all people over the age of 2 wear cloth face masks when going out in public. Masks are not recommended for children under age 2.